|Hash oil in a proper purge.|
Orinda, California police are reporting that a 25-year-old man is badly burned after lighting a cigarette in a shed where he was making butane-extracted hash Sunday afternoon.
Police originally didn’t say much and made it sound like the explosion and the two pounds of cannabis they found were unrelated. But late yesterday evening, the Pleasant Hill Patch spoke with Sgt. Neil Rafanan from the Orinda Police who confirmed the explosion was from a hash-making operation.
This is the second hash explosion we’ve (sadly) had to cover over the last few days. On Friday, we brought you the story of a couple in San Diego who were both injured after a similar explosion rocked the extended-stay hotel where they were making their hash.
Incidents like this are becoming more and more common, so we’ll go ahead and give our warnings again: We don’t recommend you try this process at home, but if you do:
KEEP OPEN FLAMES AND SPARKS WELL AWAY FROM WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
Otherwise, you’re likely to get to know your local ICU nurses really, really well.